Virtual Care For Physiotherapy
Active Life is now offering VIRTUAL PHYSIOTHERAPY TREATMENT!
What is virtual care or tele-rehabilitation?
What can I expect if Physiotherapy is delivered virtually?
Services that a Physiotherapist can provide virtually include:
- Assessing your condition as you start care or to monitor how you are doing.
- Prescribing you an individualized exercise program including teaching and watching you do them so they can make sure you are doing them correctly.
- Progressing your exercise program so you keep improving over time.
- Use of modalities like electrical stimulation and heat/cold applications as long as you and your physiotherapist have determined the appropriate equipment that is available at your home.
- Guiding you to perform techniques on yourself including how to do the technique and at what intensity.
- Support for self-management, education, coaching and reassurance for you and those helping you so that you understand your condition and your treatment plan.
- Assessing how you are doing all your daily activities in your home and helping with recommendations on any adaptations you may need.